Mudford Manor Barn
Yeovil, Somerset, United Kingdom
Mudford Manor Barn offers luxurious and spacious group accommodation for a perfect self-catering holiday or short break on the Somerset/Dorset border.
Our very special holiday accommodation is ideal for a quick get away and will offer you luxury and comfort in the beautiful West Country. The historic Abbey town of Sherborne is close by with its shops, restaurants and castles.
There are 6 large bedrooms, 5 large reception rooms, and a hot tub, gardens, and private meadows set within the domaine of the historic Mudford Manor with views across the fields.
Mudford Manor Barn is ideal for Group Parties, The stunning double height, dual aspect dining room with its stone walls, beamed ceiling and huge dining room to seat 16 is party perfect. There is a private meadow where one can picnic or play outdoor games, we have had "its a knock-out" and School sports day themed parties and can offer Bushcraft classes too.
The generous family farmhouse kitchen is well equipped for cooking and craft activities, and the adjacent games room has a pool and ice hockey table. Watch a movie or play games in our large TV room with its Ab Fab electric blue sofa and lurrrve rug. Relax around the log burning inglenook fireplace and sink into our fabulous 8 seater hot tub. Especially fun after dark.
In the morning a long walk across the beautiful countryside to one of our great local gastro pubs to dine altogether, maybe try one of the local beers. The more adventurous can try Clay shooting, power-boating, coasteering, scuba diving classes or one of the many activities that we can organise locally. Just let us know what you have in mind and we can help you make it happen.
6-7 large bedrooms, all except one with zip n link beds which can be twins or doubles. Three bedrooms also have double sofa beds as well if needed.
Come escape to one of England's best kept secrets.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 2 baths, 6000 square feet, 558 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, and King
16 guests maximum
1 hour by car
The rolling Somerset countryside.
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- There are plenty of activities that can be arranged: shooting, zorbing, horse riding, fishing, bushcraft, reservoir sailing, sea sailing at Weymouth and 'its a knock out' style sports to put some fun into the activities.
Places of Interest
- Sherborne is, without doubt, one of the most beautiful towns in England. With its abundance of medieval buildings, superb Abbey, world famous Schools, picturesque Almshouse and two Castles, Sherborne has much to offer visitors.
- Wells Cathedral, described as “the most poetic of the English Cathedrals”, is set in the medieval heart of England’s smallest city and is the earliest English cathedral to be built in the Gothic style.
- The Red Lion, Babcary is a stunning Somerset Inn. Built within a quaint thatched building, this refined country pub is just a few miles from the Fleet Air Arm Haynes Motor museums
- The Halfway House in nearby Pitney is an authentic rustic pub with a slate floor worn smooth by the tread of generations of drinkers, a faint scent of wood smoke from the fireplaces and the delicious scent of home cooking coming from the kitchen.