Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Gloucestershire Barn House
Gloucestershire Barn House
This grand Gloucestershire stone built five-bedroom farmhouse brings together modern design and classic architecture with a Mediterranean feel to it. Set in 2500 square feet in the beautiful countryside of the South West of England, just a 20-minute car journey from both Gloucester and Cheltenham. From a week away in this Cotswolds home, you can expect nothing less than real serenity.
The interior has been designed using glass walkways which allow views from the ground floor high into the rafters. The living room possesses chic Chesterfield sofas, exotic feathered lamps, and high hanging chandeliers, the ideal setting for an evening in with a glass of Malbec by the log burner. There's a dining table for up to 10 people, and the large, modern kitchen is equipped with a double six hob Smeg oven, dishwasher, wine cooler, and fridge-freezer.
There are 4 main bedrooms. The master, with a king-size bed and standalone bathtub, is settled in front of a wood burner, perfect for those cold winter nights. There is one further king-size bedroom with a dressing room on the same first floor and one super king that has a Jacuzzi bath. The ground floor is home to the super king-size four-column bed, complete with en-suite shower room. Additionally, there's a separate annex with a first-floor en-suite twin bedroom.
As you step outside onto the sleek tiled patio, you'll come across the large outside dining table, great for those afternoon BBQs and al fresco dining evenings. You'll also begin to see the full extent of the garden; which has an area for croquet and to hear the 4 cascading waterfalls which pour into the modern swimming pool, with the jacuzzi another option as well.
Situated just outside the Cotswolds, the home is perfectly positioned to go hiking in the hills, or in search of the best local tea rooms and grand stately homes around Gloucester and Cheltenham. A relaxing time a guarantee whichever your preference.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 4500 square feet
King, King, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
Birmingham Airport (BHX)
1 hour 15 minutes by car
Cotswold Hills views
Activities of Interest
- Hidcote Manor Garden (50 minutes by car) - Visit one of the best-known and most influential Arts and Crafts gardens in Britain.
- Sandford Park (15 minutes by car) - For a relaxing swim and sauna, spend the day at Sandford Park, with its 1930’s style outdoor lido and landscaped gardens.
- Cotswolds villages (30 minutes by car) - Explore nearby villages such as Bourton-on-the-Water, Stow-On-The-Wold, the Upper and Lower Slaughters and Bibury. Enjoy their cosy tearooms, boutiques, antique shops and traditional Cotwolds architecture.
Places of Interest
- Cheltenham Racecourse (20 minutes by car) - For racing fans, visit Cheltenham Racecourse with family and friends and enjoy the magic of the races. The racecourse also hosts a number of festivals throughout the year such as science, music and literature.
- The Wilson Gallery and Museum (15 minutes by car) - Take a visit to Gloucestershire’s premier art gallery and museum, home to an internationally significant museum collection.
- Pittville Park (20 minutes by car) - Enjoy an afternoon of relaxation on the water at Pittville Park boating lake.
Great converted barn.
Lovely home with many amenities. Served us well as a base to spend days in the Cotswolds. Owner responded well to requests for minor service. One caveat—needs more lighting in the bathrooms. We would definitely use again. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo