Perhaps the most enticing of all the Ionian islands, magical Kefalonia is a place where it's easy to lose yourself, amid air thick with oleander and the sound of goat bells. Kefalonia (also known as Cephalonia or Kefallinia) has been made famous in the setting for Louis De Berniere's novel Captain Corelli's Mandolin starring Nicholas Cage. The island has some of the best beaches in the world and is steeped in history.
Nestled on the south coast of the island, this 2100 square feet villa is a spacious, secluded luxury accommodation with a south facing private pool and amazing views over the Ionian Sea & Mount Aenos.
The property has been designed to give guests a wonderful experience within a peaceful and tranquil setting. Just a short walk from the beach, with unbeatable sea and mountain views, the property also boasts a spacious garden with large pool.
The villa is set in its own grounds and is surrounded by olive groves. Extending over two floors the villa boasts five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a large open plan lounge, dining and a spacious and bright kitchen area which covers most of the ground floor.
Large balconies surround the property and are definitely the best spot to enjoy the incredible 180 degree views over the Ionian Sea and Mount Aenos.
Outside you can savour the same glorious views from the garden surrounding the large private south facing pool which is perfect for cooling off on a hot summer's day. The pool is fully fenced-in to keep younger children away for safety reasons. At night the pool is lit and inviting for those who may like to try a midnight dip.
The porch by the swimming pool has a BBQ and is well furnished for dining al-fresco and is also big enough for big family celebrations & gatherings: outdoor living at its finest!
Whatever the reason for your stay - to escape the daily grind, for an exclusive and luxurious break away with loved ones, to explore with your family or just an excuse for a wonderful holiday - this gorgeous property definitely makes for the perfect holiday destination in beautiful Kefalonia.
There is car parking space on the property. All the terraces, pool and garden areas are enclosed with impressive railings, allowing you to take advantage of the amazing views.
The owners offer a complimentary concierge service to help organise car hire, airport transfers, food shop and chefs.
Close to the airport, restaurants, cafes, bars and shops. An ideal place for couples, families (with kids) or bigger groups.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2100 square feet, 196 square meters
Full, Full, Full, Full, and 2x Twin
9 guests maximum
Kefalonia International Airport (EFL)
20 minutes by car
...stunning views over the Ionian sea!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Day trip to Ithaca - Symbolic of the promised land for which everyone is searching, magical Ithaca fills you with inspiration on a journey through rich history, stunning scenery and beautiful beaches.
- Wine tastings - Clear waters, and a salty sea breeze: wine tasting in Kefalonia is a dream come true!
- Hiking in Mount Ainos - Mt. Ainos was first declared as a National Park in 1962 and houses the heart of Kefalonia’ s biodiversity. Visitors and environmentalists flock to Mt. Ainos as it is the island’s most precious reserve.
- Boat and ferry tours - The best way to explore the island: breathtaking scenery, unique turquoise waters and endless ideal spots for swimming and diving.
- Snorkeling in Antisamos - Antisamos has gained worldwide recognition from the Hollywood movie “Captain Corelli’s Mandolin”, where some of the scenes were filmed. Behind the hill there is a great spot for sunbathers and nature lovers.
Places of Interest
- Melissani Cave (50 mins) - Beautiful waters with changing shades of blue as the sun sets, honey-like brown walls and countless stalactites will take your breath away and travel you to another, mythical and magical world.
- Myrtos Beach (50 mins) - Multi awarded and renown, it stands at the top of the list of the best Greek beaches and ranks among the best worldwide, for more than ten consecutive years.
- Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi in Argostoli (30 mins) - Built in 1829, during the British Rule, like many of the traditional landmarks which characterize the island (see also Dervosetos Bridge), it is a work of J.P. Kennedy.
- Drogarati Cave (40 mins) - Drogarati is an impressive cave with remarkable formations of stalactites and stalagmites. According to archaeologists, Drogarati cave is over 100 million years old and constitutes a rare geological phenomenon.
- Cave of the Nymphs in Ithaca (1 hour) - Located at an altitude of 190 meters above the bay of Dexa this is allegedly where the Phaeacians left Odysseus sleeping an where he decided to hide the gifts of King Alcinoos of the Phaeacians.
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Pool
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo