Apartment La Rosa at Castelfalfi Resort
Montaione, Florence, Italy
APARTMENT LA ROSA AT CASTELFALFI RESORT
Castelfalfi is a jewel set in the heart of Tuscany, a land that is historically rich in art, beauty, and culinary traditions. Its village, the Borgo, is framed by the natural wonder of its green hills, surrounded by kilometres of vineyards and olive groves, warm sun and a light breeze.
The apartment La Rosa opens its doors directly on the framework painted by the uncontaminated nature of Castelfalfi, with its supreme terrace with garden overlooking the Golf Club Castelfalfi and the woods of the wildlife reserve. The apartment, embellished by the finely restored ceiling, is an invitation to be together.
La Rosa, elegant and spacious, is the ideal place for a family holiday in Tuscany.
La Rosa extends on two levels in one of the main buildings of the Borgo of Castelfalfi. On the ground floor, a spacious living area with large French doors greets guests and leads into a large garden, with an unforgettable view over the Tuscan countryside.
The first bedroom is on the same floor, while other two bedrooms are located on the first floor of the apartment. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms and are decorated with a wooden beams. The furnishings are delicate and elegant and the interiors are inspired by the typical Tuscan colors.
Every detail of La Rosa reminds of Tuscany: from the terracotta floors to the wooden beams, and the wide volumes that may unite the whole family. Dining outdoors while enjoying the views over the hills will be an unforgettable experience for the guests of this apartment.
Spending time in this gorgeous property will let you experience the freedom of a holiday custom-designed for you: you can spend the day relaxing in the privacy of your garden or take advantage of the various services and activities offered by the Estate, getting all the help you'll need.
Castelfalfi is literally a slice of history come gloriously back to life. An 800-year-old estate once owned by the Medici family, it was all but abandoned during the 1960s, then taken over several years ago and transformed into a resort paying homage to the glory of what once was. At the heart of the property is the lovingly restored castle: Castelfalfi’s crown jewel, towering over the estate and, as of last year, home to La Rocca restaurant, helmed by Michelin-starred chef Michele Rinaldi.
Castelfalfi is the perfect destination for those who want to get away from the bustle of life, for those who want a marvellous interlude of pleasure but also for those looking for a more relaxed and peaceful lifestyle. Whatever your idea of a holiday looks like, full of activities or just doing nothing, staying in the village of Castelfalfi won't disappoint.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1000 square feet, 93 square meters
King, King, and King
6 guests maximum
Florence Airport (FLR)
50 minutes by car
...unforgettable views over the Tuscan countryside!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Golf Club Castelfalfi - Tuscany has always been a mecca for golfing enthusiasts. With its 27 holes, this Club throws down the gauntlet to the most expert players and also guarantees an enjoyable experience to passionate beginners.
- Wine tastings - Each autumn, the 25 hectares of the Castelfalfi vineyards take on a central role on the Estate: from Chianti to Chianti Riserva DOCG, as well as Sangiovese IGT.
- Hiking & Trekking - Rolling landscapes alternating with rugged panoramas: Tuscany boasts a vast network of hiking trails, for all difficulty levels, from mountains to the sea.
- Montaione Truffle Festival - October's truffle harvest time in Tuscany, when these prized white fungi are unearthed from the ground. To celebrate, Montaione hosts a two-day party!
- Lo Strettoio Pub - Loved by the locals, it has a wide choice of Italian and foreign beers, a cellar full of Chianti wines, and king-of-the-castle views of the countryside.
Places of Interest
- San Vivaldo Monastery (10 mins) - This religious settlement is a mini-model of Jerusalem, built 800 years ago to spare holy men making the long and dangerous pilgrimage to Palestine.
- San Gimignano (30 mins) - As you crest the nearby hills, the 14 towers of this walled town rise up like a medieval Manhattan. Originally an Etruscan village, the settlement was named after the bishop of Modena.
- Siena (1 hour) - Siena's heart is its central piazza known as Il Campo, known worldwide for the famous Palio run here, a horse race run around the piazza two times every summer.
- Florence (1 hour 20 mins) - Cradle of the Renaissance, romantic, enchanting and utterly irresistible, Firenze is a place to feast on world-class art and gourmet Tuscan cuisine.