Chalet Sole Mio
CHALET SOLE MIO
Spanning an impressive 2700 square feet across three floors, Chalet Sole Mio sits on a peaceful hillside just 300m from the Morillon Tourist Office and 500m from the main ski lift. When snow permits you can even ski from the door - the blue Laberieu piste can be accessed directly from the garden!
This detached, newly built chalet is beautifully designed, a perfect marriage of modern elegance and a rustic old wood feel. The attention to detail and owners’ flair for design is apparent at every turn; the sweeping curve of the staircase, impressive double height ceilings in the magnificent open plan living and dining area, which features central log burner and luxury reclining couches; gorgeous linens and soft furnishings, contemporary and antique art pieces, and individually styled rooms.
Added luxuries include underfloor heating via a geothermic reverse heating/cooling system and 4-person sauna, with additional towels provided for all guests. A small selection of bath robes and slippers are also provided.
There is Wi-Fi Internet throughout, and PTV Display Projector for cinematic viewing of all your favourites. A wireless, Bluetooth sound system provides customized music to the upper two floors, with additional sound system located in the multi-purpose 2-bedroom come conference/fitness room on the chalet’s ground floor.
The chalet’s outdoor space features terraced gardens on one side, and large flat lawn to the rear. Enjoy the sunny south-facing terrace with sofa, hammock and outdoor dinner setting. A second south-facing balcony is located on the chalet’s upper level.
The Master bedroom, is located on the chalet’s upper level. This bright and spacious room features a magnificent super king size bed and stunning ensuite bathroom, with both walk-in shower and 2-person jacuzzi bath, WC and large vanity with basin. This room also features a private, south-facing balcony equipped with table and chairs and single person lounge bed.
Also on the chalet’s upper level, is an elegant double room. Featuring a sleek shelving unit and stylish desk with swivel chair this room is also the perfect home office. It shares the adjoining Master ensuite bathroom, access to which is via a separate, lockable door.
The Family Suite is located on the chalet’s mid-level. This cleverly designed room features two separate sleeping quarters. Enter a stylish double bedroom, with ensuite bathroom featuring shower, WC and vanity with basin. From here, climb the ladder to the mezzanine space. Fitted with three single beds this is the ideal hideout for children, but also provides flexibility for groups requiring additional single or twin share space.
Bedrooms 4, 5 & 6
These are located on the chalet’s lower level. Bedroom 4 is a beautiful king-size room, with private ensuite bathroom equipped with shower, WC, and vanity with basin. Next-door in the hall are Bedrooms 5 & 6, two separate sleeping quarters that share a single, impressive floor space of 31m2. These bedrooms also share a large bathroom, adjacent in the hall, fitted with shower, WC and vanity with basic.
The thoughtful design of Bedrooms 5 & 6 provides guests the flexibility to enjoy a highly functional multi-purpose room or rooms. In standard configuration Bedroom 5 is a twin room, also available as a super king room on prior request, while Bedroom 6 features two single mezzanine bunks with beds below. Strategically placed furniture divides each room and provides privacy. This is easily moved to create a single open space perfect for a fitness/yoga session or a work meeting.
The chalet also benefits from a secure lockable garage with space for one car, one covered car port and further off-road parking for 2/3 cars in the drive. There is a large ski locker fitted with boot, glove and helmet warmer.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2700 square feet, 251 square meters
King, King, King, King, and King
10 guests maximum
Genève Aéroport (GVA) or Annecy - Haute-Savoie (NCY)
1 hour and 15 mins by car from GVA and 1 hour by car from NCY
...gorgeous views over the vast Grand Massif ski domain!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Canyoning - Discover unspoilt sites with your guide. The canyons are beautiful natural sites where you will meet slides sculpted by erosion.
- Hiking - Set off on a lovely family hike in Samoëns or pay a visit to the magnificent cirque at Sixt-Fer-A-Cheval.
- Paragliding - Paragliding is a safe, once-in-a-lifetime experience that will give you a whole new perspective on the Giffre Valley landscape.
Places of Interest
- Base de Loisirs du Lac Bleu (5 mins) - The Lac Bleu leisure centre offers you monitored swimming every day, picnic tables, children's play area, tree-top adventure park and equestrian centre.
- Grand Massif Domaines Skiables (10 mins) - The Grand Massif ski area is one of the largest developed areas in the French Alps A wide variety of pistes means that everyone, no matter what their ability, can experience the joys of winter sports.
- Flaine (1 hour) - Facing Mont-Blanc at an altitude of 2,500 metres, the French Alps mountains await you. Put your skis on and set out to discover France’s 5th largest linked ski area in France.
- Chamonix (1 hour) - The Chamonix Valley is famous for its challenging skiing and range of off-piste routes available. The ease with which you can access the backcountry here is unparalleled.
- Geneva (1 hour) - Geneva has served as a model for republican government and owes its preeminence to the triumph of human, rather than geographic, factors.
Wonderful stay in the Alps
We had an amazing stay at this beautiful and modern chalet atop the hill just behind the beautiful village of Morillon. The perfect staging point for walks in summer and, no doubt, skiing in winter. Bertram and Tunde arranged everything to perfection and we were made to feel extremely welcome. ”