Casa de la Peña
Valle de Bravo, Mexico
Avándaro in Valle de Bravo is one of the most classic retreats in the State of Mexico. Guests who love mountain biking, kayaking, sailing, paragliding, horses riding, practicing yoga, hiking to the monarch butterflies, or just enjoying a lovely lake surrounded by pine and oak forests, will be amazed by the variety of activities a short distance from Casa de la Peña.
Enclosed by the picturesque green hills of the Mexican countryside, Casa de la Peña is an exclusive 11300 sq. ft. (1050m2) property that was designed for living at the water's edge. With an open floor plan and airy design concept, the property features floor-to-ceiling windows that frame the living room's stone fireplace with stunning views of Lake Avándaro. Step outside Casa de la Peña and enjoy the pool area and the views beyond becoming a part of the experience at the water property. With extensive terraces and various private places to escape, the property offers very spacious and comfortable indoor and outdoor living and dining areas for guests to come together, whether they prefer to relax by the pool on the shaded deck, or love the outside patio that also includes a barbecue.
Casa de la Peña boasts a the kitchen with all the modern appliances, from where guests will be able to easily enjoy the sunshine and cool, lake breezes while cooking delicious meals. Distributed over 4 floors, the bright property features 4 bedrooms and accommodates up to 8 guests comfortably. The spacious master bedroom comes with a King-size bed and complete bathroom, overlooking the lake from its windows. The second contains a Queen-size bed, also with panoramic lake views. A third bedroom comes with 3 single beds, private bathroom and scenic lake views. The last one has 2 single beds, spacious bathroom, and all-around lake views.
The location of this gorgeous lakefront property offers serenity and quiet in an otherwise energetic city. Other than adventure and number of water sports, this charming lake town is brimming with art galleries, fine restaurants, incredible architecture, and many a local market to explore. Considered one of Mexico's Pueblos Mágicos (‘Magic Towns’), Valle de la Brava is a lovely colonial village, and guests will enjoy to stroll its streets and discover the Capilla de Santa María (St. Mary’s Chapel) and its miraculous Black Christ, and visit the Archaeological Museum, which preserves 300 pieces from the three thousand archeological sites found in the State of Mexico.
As Mexicans have a very deep spiritual vocation, guests are invited to explore the Gran Stupa Bon para la Paz Mundial, a quiet and beautiful place to relax and be with yourself for a while, a short 30 minute drive from Casa de la Peña. Follow the sounds of rushing water echoing around a region of thick vegetation to reach the Cascada Velo de Novia, which takes its name from its resemblance to a wedding veil.
While golf lovers will enjoy 3 splendid golf courses (18 holes each) with Spas, swimming pools and tennis court, others will be amazed to head to the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve, designated a UNESCO World Heritage, which lies within rugged forested mountains, where every year millions butterflies colour its trees orange. When the day draws to a close, guests will admire the sunrise from the Mirador La Peña located more than 1300 feet (400 meters) above sea level, with the promise of a new dawn at Valle de Bravo!
Single Family Home with 4 levels
4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 11300 square feet, 1050 square meters
King, King, King, and King
8 guests maximum
Mexico City International Airport
2 hours drive
Spectacular views over Valle de Bravo's Lake!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Lake Avandaro Water Sports - Valle de Bravo's most precious attraction, Lake Avandaro offers the opportunity for a multitude of water sports, including sailing and fishing.
- Paragliding (15 minute drive) - Soar over the city and through the clouds on this exhilarating parasailing ride.
- Hiking, mountain climbing, mountain biking, rappelling, flying a delta wing, and other adventure sports
- Cabalgatas Valle (50 minute drive) - Whether you want to horseback ride, rock climb, kayak, or a whole host of other activities, you're sure to have the adventure of a lifetime!
- Hotel Avándaro Golf Course (30 minute drive) - This spectacular golf course offers beautiful views and challenging play.
- Handicrafts and arts market of Valle de Bravo
Places of Interest
- Mirador La Peña (5 minute drive) - The vistas of shimmering, blue waters from the top of this huge rock are a must see.
- Valle de Bravo Archeological Museum (5 minute drive) - admission is free!
- Cascadas Velo de Novia, Bridal Veil Falls (20 minute drive) - nestled among the thick forest plant life, an easy walk through trees and plants, you will enjoy nice sightseeing of nature and the waterfalls!
- Piedra Herrada Sanctuary (40 minute drive) - take a breathtaking tandem paragliding flight and explore one of the most beautiful ‘Magic Towns’ in Mexico! Flight over El Peñón, a place famous for hosting international paragliding competitions!
- The Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve (50 minute drive) - a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you will be taken in the spectacular colors of the creatures that live here!
- Los Pericos Restaurant (10 minute drive) - the dam's first floating restaurant-bar. Enjoy the delicious fish tacos while taking in the marvelous view!
- VE Cocina Espanola (25 minute drive) - Cozy, yet with an elegant and stylish feel, this lovely restaurant offers sensational, authentic Spanish cuisine.