Valle de Bravo, Mexico
Overlooking the Lake Avandaro and enclosed by the picturesque green hills of the Mexican countryside, Casa Ciruela allows guests to enjoy the lush vegetation of the tranquil lakeside location that provides plenty of peace and seclusion. With stunning views over the Lake of Valle de Bravo, this property is the perfect retreat facing the massive summit of Cerro Gordo and the mountains.
In harmony with nature, Casa Ciruela features a large terrace with pool, and its outdoor is integrated with the interior of the property, providing true contact with the beautiful landscape. Surrounded by lawn, the decking area of the pool is where guests will enjoy relaxing moments for soaking up the suns rays, while you will fully enjoy an al fresco dining-experience with family and friends under the covered terrace. Outside areas also include a private tennis court, jacuzzi and large pool in front of the lake.
Stepping inside the 4,840 sq. ft. (450m2) Casa Ciruela, guests will be amazed by the large open-plan living area with dining and lounge featuring fireplace, and windows facing the outdoors, which gives guests the opportunity to soak in the stunning vistas. With all the modern appliances, the fully-equipped kitchen allows guests to easily enjoy the sunshine and cool, lake breezes while cooking delicious meals. All the bedrooms of the property combine fine materials with traditional Mexican elements resulting in sophistication and warmth with small touches of vibrant colours. This gorgeous 4 bedroom property plan with Mexican styling has it all, featuring 4 en-suite bedrooms, the first boasting a King Size bed, the second and the third 2 single beds, the forth with a Queen Size bed will amaze guests thanks to its the large windows that frame the beautiful view of the mountains and the lake and allow plenty of natural light in the rooms.
The location of this gorgeous lakefront property offers serenity and quiet a 2 hour drive from Mexico City. Other than adventure and number of water sports, this charming lake town is brimming with art galleries, fine restaurants, incredible architecture, and many a local market to explore. Considered one of Mexico's Pueblos Mágicos (‘Magic Towns’), Valle de la Brava is a lovely colonial village, and guests will enjoy to stroll its streets and discover the Capilla de Santa María (St. Mary’s Chapel) and its miraculous Black Christ, and visit the Archaeological Museum, which preserves 300 pieces from the three thousand archeological sites found in the State of Mexico.
As Mexicans have a very deep spiritual vocation, guests are invited to explore the Gran Stupa Bon para la Paz Mundial, a quiet and beautiful place to relax and be with yourself for a while, a short 30 minute drive from Casa Ciruela. Follow the sounds of rushing water echoing around a region of thick vegetation to reach the Cascada Velo de Novia, which takes its name from its resemblance to a wedding veil.
While golf lovers will enjoy 3 splendid golf courses (18 holes each) with Spas, swimming pools and tennis court, others will be amazed to head to the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve, designated a UNESCO World Heritage, which lies within rugged forested mountains, where every year millions butterflies colour its trees orange. When the day draws to a close, guests will admire the sunrise from the Mirador La Peña located more than 1300 feet (400 meters) above sea level, with the promise of a new dawn at Valle de Bravo!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4844 square feet, 451 square meters
King, 2x Full, 2x Queen, and 2x Full
10 guests maximum
Toluca International Airport
About an hour and 20 minutes driving
Stunning views over the Lake of Valle de Bravo, the massive summit of Cerro Gordo and the mountains !
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Lake Avandaro Water Sports - Valle de Bravo's most precious attraction, Lake Avandaro offers the opportunity for a multitude of water sports, including sailing and fishing.
- Paragliding (15 minute drive) - Soar over the city and through the clouds on this exhilarating parasailing ride.
- Hiking, mountain climbing, mountain biking, rappelling, flying a delta wing, and other adventure sports
- Cabalgatas Valle (40 minute drive) - Whether you want to horseback ride, rock climb, kayak, or a whole host of other activities, you're sure to have the adventure of a lifetime!
- Hotel Avándaro Golf Course (20 minute drive) - This spectacular golf course offers beautiful views and challenging play.
- Handicrafts and arts market of Valle de Bravo (20 minute walk)
Places of Interest
- Mirador La Peña (10 minute drive) - The vistas of shimmering, blue waters from the top of this huge rock are a must see.
- Valle de Bravo Archeological Museum (10 minute walk) - admission is free!
- Cascadas Velo de Novia, Bridal Veil Falls (25 minute drive) - nestled among the thick forest plant life, an easy walk through trees and plants, you will enjoy nice sightseeing of nature and the waterfalls!
- Piedra Herrada Sanctuary (40 minute drive) - take a breathtaking tandem paragliding flight and explore one of the most beautiful ‘Magic Towns’ in Mexico! Flight over El Peñón, a place famous for hosting international paragliding competitions!
- The Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve (55 minute drive) - a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you will be taken in the spectacular colors of the creatures that live here!
- Los Pericos Restaurant (5 minute drive) - the dam's first floating restaurant-bar. Enjoy the delicious fish tacos while taking in the marvelous view!
- VE Cocina Espanola (15 minute drive) - Cozy, yet with an elegant and stylish feel, this lovely restaurant offers sensational, authentic Spanish cuisine.