La Escribana is a charming Andalusian country house at a privileged location in Constantina, one of the most beautiful villages in Andalusia. It is the perfect place to enjoy a well-deserved holiday in an undiscovered yet stunning part of the region. The finca is situated in a protected natural park – Sierra Norte de Sevilla – which gives its immediate surroundings the necessary peace and quiet. This exceptional House with its outdoor swimming-pool and breathtaking view awaits guests in the heart of Andalusia for a wonderful stay. In addition to the many activities to discover the natural beauty of its immediate surroundings, La Escribana is perfectly located to make day trips to place like Sevilla and Cordoba.
What probably makes La Escribana really unique is its large and green garden, which is over 1.9 acre (8,000 sqm) large, with a green and refreshing lawn, different types of fruit trees and flowers almost all year round. There are terraces around 3 sides of the house, so you can always find a nice place in the sun or shade for lunch or dinner. The remainder of the finca has a surface of about 5 hectares and contains chestnut trees and almond trees.
The immaculately maintained pool benefits from a bespoke lounge area with loungers that are perfect in the warmer months.
The House is several centuries old and has been renovated fully and tastefully decorated, comfortably furnished and offers everything guests may need. Equipped with a CCTV system that will be dis activated during your stay, the House has a living room featuring a fireplace with beautiful views at the garden and the pool. The large kitchen has been designed to make cooking a social event. Guests will be able to cook outside, using the barbecue or the paella set, and taste the traditional food on any of the terraces that surround the House, so you can always find the perfect place to eat outside regardless of the hour.
La Escribana can comfortably accommodate up to 16 guests, as it has 6 bathrooms and 8 bedrooms, all boasting premium quality mattresses. There is a double bedroom downstairs and a bathroom with shower. Upstairs there are 3 double bedrooms and a bathroom with shower and bath tub. In the additional building right next to the House, there are 4 additional suites, each has a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower. The suites were built more recently but completely in the traditional local style, with chestnut beams and a classic tile floor.
Your property is located within a comfortable walking distance from the picturesque village of Constantina, which consists mainly of white houses in Andalusian style, an old Moorish castle and several churches. At the same time, though, it is a lively village with many different tapa bars and terraces for you to discover. We will be glad to let you know our favourites! An array of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling, and the hiking during springtime in the cork oak forests of the Via Verdes of the Sierra Norte is wonderful and very scenic.
A short 30 minute drive will lead guests to Cazalla de la Sierra, a traditional village that boasts one of the finest churches in the Sierra Morena, as well as grand mansions, several monasteries, including one which has been converted into a hotel and arts centre, liqueur factories and wineries. Seville is only an hour away from La Escribana and according to legend, the city was founded by Hercules and boasts the largest old town in Spain. Set along the Guadalquivir river, the only navigable river in Spain, which has played a leading role in many of the city’s historic monuments, the city is home to the famous Giralda and Torre del Oro. Its historic centre, lorded over by a colossal Gothic cathedral, is a spectacular mix of resplendent Mudéjar palaces, baroque churches and winding medieval lanes.
Estate with 2 levels
8 bedrooms, 6 baths, 5167 square feet, 481 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, King, Full, and Full
16 guests maximum
About an hour and 30 minutes driving
Situated in a protected natural park – Sierra Norte de Sevilla - La Escribana is in a tranquil, peaceful scenic setting surrounded by wonderful countryside!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
During winter: guests' consumption of heating oil is charged at its actual cost
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Cerro del Hierro (15 min) - Famous for being one of the most picturesque and unique landscapes of the Sierra Norte of Seville and is also ideal for star-gazing!
- Hiking and cycling: an official route at our doorstep and also the former railroad routes that have been converted into ‘vias verdes’
- Visit wine bodegas: Constantina and the Sierra Norte are recovering their former glory as red wine producing region
- ’River Beach’ at Nicolás del Puerto (20 min) - The Galindón River flows through and divides the village united by the bridge of Roman origin next to which lies the San Nicolás River Beach!
- Real Club Sevilla Golf (1 hour and 15 min) - Renowned for its superb golf, this golf course is recognised as one the Europe’s greatest ones!
- Bird watching
Places of Interest
- Cazalla de la Sierra (30 min) - This beautiful town sits in exceptional surroundings and boasts an historical city centre and beautiful religious buildings, such as the monastery of La Inmaculada Concepción.
- Huéznar river (35 min by car) - Declared a Monument of Natural, the Huéznar waterfalls of the Hueznar river are the ideal place to swim, hike and cycle in the area!
- Seville (1 hour and 15 min by car) - The capital of Andalusia is one of the most beautiful cities of Spain, where you can visit monuments such as the Giralda and Torre del Oro.
- Alcázar of Seville (1 hour and 30 min by car) - The Royal Palace in Seville is registered UNESCO World Heritage Site and is recognized as the oldest royal palace in Europe that is still in use.
- Cordoba (1 hour and 45 min by car) - This fascinating city is a kind of western Mecca because of La Mezquita, the UNESCO-listed mosque that is one of the most splendid Islamic buildings in Europe.
- Malaga (2 hours and 50 min by car) - Boasting a typical Mediterranean climate, the Spanish capital of art, culture and food is also known as the birthplace of famous Spanish artist Pablo Picasso.
- Granada (3 hours and 20 min by car) - Located at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains, the city is blessed with Moorish heritage dating back more than 700 years.
A lovely stay
A beautiful house in a very tranquil location but just minutes from the local village. Wonderful local people, great restaurants and lovely countryside. An excellent place to get away and relax.”