Villa Etna Mare
Villa Etna Mare welcomes you to an exclusive retreat in Sicily. Set away from it all on a fabulous hilltop position overlooking the sparkling Ionian Sea in the Mediterranean, the villa boasts breathtaking and unrivaled views stretching across from Mount Etna to the surrounding area of Taormina on the east coast of Sicily.
The villa is a traditionally built stone detached property, with air conditioning and its own private 'infinity edge' swimming pool and garden. Completely independent, the villa assures you total privacy. A large panoramic terrace and shaded patio, with a barbecue and built-in pizza oven, all offer ample ‘al fresco' dining space from which, at near 500 meters altitude, you will truly feel on top of the world.
Accommodating up to 8 people (6 adults and 2 kids), the Villa's interior is furnished in traditional south-Italian style and equipped with modern features.
Its charm and attraction span from having space and privacy to do whatever you please, at your own pace. The villa is located 500 m above sea level and is accessed in 20 min. from the seaside town Giardini Naxos by a narrow and sometimes steep asphalt road. In general, it requires some driving experience to navigate the roads in Sicily, including the one to the villa, but the rewards are some of the best views on the island.
The cities of Taormina, Castelmola, and Giardini-Naxos, and local beaches are all within a 20-30 minute drive. For sightseeing, Mount Etna, the Alcantara Gorge, the Aeolian islands including Stromboli, the villa provides an excellent and comfortable base in a rural and quiet location.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1507 square feet, 141 square meters
King, King, and Twin
6 guests maximum
1½ hour by car
Amazing views of the sea, Mount Etna and the hilltop town of Taormina and Castelmola. Probably the pool villa on Sicily with the best views of Etna, and the everchanging scenery of clouds, smoke and lava eruptions .
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Hiking, mountain biking, horse-riding, rafting, rapelling
- Cultural and archaeological tours ( Roman & Greek Heritage)
- Etna Countryside Food and Wine Lovers Tour
- Gole Alcantara Botanical and Geological Park (30 minute by car)
Places of Interest
- Etna Natural Park, Rifugio Sapienza (90 minute by car)
- Taormina City, one of Sicily's most popular summer destinations (30 minute by car)
- Castelmola, the hilltop medieval village (25 minute by car
- Giardini Naxos beaches (20 minute by car)
- Boat Tour: Cyclops Islands & La Timpa Nature Reserve, depature from Aci Castello (1 hour by car)
- The wine area on the slopes of Etna
- Catania, ancient city with authentic atmosphere
- Alcantara Gorge, natural park