Romantic Hotel Hippocampus in Kotor's Old Town (HS)
You are booking a double standard room only for two people in collaboration with Hotel Swaps. Cancellations and booking amendments are not possible. Upgrade options are available after booking, at an extra cost.
*For requests, please contact your account manager or Member Experience at email@example.com REQUESTS ARE BINDING, once accepted it cannot be canceled.*
This boutique hotel is set in a 17th-century building, only steps away from the churches of St Anne and St Nicolas, one of the main sights is the Cathedral of Saint Tryphon and its fortifications. A perfect combination of convenience, luxury, and privacy in the middle of Boka Bay.
This old house converted into a chic combination of locally-sourced antiques, abstract art, and bespoke velvet sofas, all set against a muted backdrop of polished stone floors and soft grey walls is a peaceful and unique retreat in the heart of Kotor!
Queensize doubles await regardless of room size (no twin beds), but other than that there’s plenty of individuality and comfort.
The Bay of Kotor has a long history of opulence, which dates back to its time on Venice’s core trade route.
Discover the opulence of Kotor history, visit the many churches and museums reachable by walking distance, and do not miss the traditional food!
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
The exchange fee and Keys are only refundable in the event of cancellation by the Hotel. If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRDHOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks (not requests) please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the room that you will be staying in.
Private Residence with 0 levels
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1000 square feet, 93 square meters
2 guests maximum
Tivat Airport and Dubrovnik Airport
15 minute by car and 1 hour 30 minute by car
Kotor's charming narrow street and its old buildings
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Watersport activities can be done all around the coastline in and around the city. Kayaking, stand up paddle and much more!
- A boat tour to Our Lady of the Rocks, a man-made island that holds a tiny 17th-century church, and offers unrivalled views of the bay and neighbouring Ostrvo Sveti Doroe
- Historical sites, museums, galleries, nightlife, shopping, markets. All of this at a few steps!
Places of Interest
- Old Town of Kotor. Visit its old wall and historical sites, churches and museums, browse the farmers' market or simply wander the winding lanes
- St John's Fort (4 minute by car), directly behind Kotor. Remarkably well preserved, there are countless nooks to explore, and the views from the top are spectacular.
- A trip to Perast (20 minute by car), this pretty village has countless baroque palazzi and churches and rich history as a Venetian trade stop.
- Lake Skadar (1 hour 30 minute by car), the largest freshwater lake in the Balkans, is an unmissable natural wonder in central Montenegro, where lilypad-covered waters carve through the mountains and abundant birdlife awaits
- Sveti Stefan island (40 minute by car); an ancient fishing village turned 21st-century luxury resort.
- Test your driving skills, and your nerve, on the twisting Kotor-Lovcen mountain road. There are 25 hairpin turns in total, each taking you that bit higher above the Bay of Kotor.
- Lovcen National Park and Cetinje (1 hour by car), the former capital of Montenegro, with plenty of history and beauty