Monte Verde Home
This fantastic property is set in the small village of Dalkey, Dublin, less than half an hour's drive from the city centre.
Dalkey is the 'Amalfi Coast of Ireland'. While Dalkey is now home to the rich and famous, it has a gruesome distant past as it was once a Viking settlement and, according to chronicler John Clyn, it was one of the ports through which the plague entered Ireland in the mid-14th century.
Dalkey was also once home to seven 15th-16th century castles, but sadly by the 19th century, there was little left of them since four had been destroyed and the other three dismantled and put to use elsewhere (one was turned into a carpenters shop).
These days Dalkey is an affluent place with loads to do and see.
This fantastic four-bedroom, three-bathroom property offers guests all the comforts and amenities they may need during their stay in this magical city.
Guests will enjoy a family atmosphere in this lovely property, beautifully decorated and accompanied by a splendid garden to enjoy the sunny days. The location of this property is, without a doubt, a sure bet for those who love tranquillity, and a romantic and cosy atmosphere, without renouncing the activities and places of interest nearby.
Guests will relax in this family house and enjoy the open spaces, from the enormous living room to the lovely garden where they can feel the fresh summer air of the Irish coast.
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2045 square feet, 190 square meters
Queen, Bunk, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Super King , double, double, bunk beds, sofa bed.
42 minutes drive
Spectacular panoramic views of the Irish coast and the pretty village of Dalkey.
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
No pets allowed
No more than 8 guests
Activities of Interest
- Kilmainham Gaol - An eerie, yet intriguing visit, as it was a prison which operated from 1796-1924. Many of Ireland’s most “rebellious” criminals were incarcerated here
- Christ Church Cathedral - Founded circa 1030, this is the oldest structure in Dublin and one of the city’s two impressive medieval Cathedrals
- National Leprechaun Museum - The only museum in the world dedicated to the mythical figures!
Places of Interest
- The Guinness Storehouse - Located in St. James's Gate Brewery, this is Ireland's number 1 tourist attraction!
- Dublin Castle - This castle has served as a defensive fortification, a royal residence, a military garrison, and now the location of the European Presidential election
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral - The largest church in Ireland and one of the most emblematic structures in Dublin
Nora D.July 2023
Our family of four had an amazing time at this gorgeous home. The location was perfect. Only 30 minutes to the center of Dublin. The linens and beds were very comfortable. A full modern kitchen. Beautifully decorated. The hostess helped us every step of the way. I highly recommend it as place to be comfortable while visiting Ireland.”