Catch a Wave Bahamas
Settled in the 1780s by a family of English Loyalists, some people say that Elbow Cay is an island that time forgot.
The island is known for its spectacular beaches. One of the best in The Bahamas, Tahiti Beach, lies in splendid isolation at the far end of Elbow Cay, with sparkling waters and powdery white sand, just a pleasant walk from the property.
The 3 bedroom beach house is custom built and designed. It has a colorful Bahamian/coastal style decor and furniture, with beautiful sunrise views of the Atlantic Ocean and White Sound. Just steps to a great surfing beach and minutes to the Sea Spray Resort (full service Marina, restaurant and outdoor Tiki Bar).
On the first floor there is an open living room with windows and glass sliders out onto covered porch area. Also an entertainment center with large flat screen TV/Home Theater DVD/MP3 hookup and plenty of board games. The sunroom flows directly off the living room with sofa and matching ottoman, coffee and end table and a large wall mounted flat screen TV. The glass sliding doors lead directly out onto the deck, looking out over the gazebo and White Sound. The dining room area seats 6 and has beautiful water views.
The kitchen is fully equipped with designer GE Clean Steel appliances, including ceramic top electric stove, built in microwave above, side by side refrigerator with in door water filtration and automatic ice maker, dishwasher, granite countertops and custom glass tile back splashes. There is a door to outside covered deck/dining area, with bench seating along the entire back wall and a separate smaller seating area and fully enclosed, private outside shower. On the large side deck area, there is a custom, private, swimming pool, arbor with privacy lattice walls and gazebo, separated by a locking gate.
There is plenty of seating/lounge areas to enjoy sunning and great views of the Atlantic and White Sound.
Downstairs, there are two bedrooms, one queen and two twins beds (can be converted into a KING BED) and hall bath with tub/shower and double sink vanity with granite top. The Master Suite is upstairs and features a king bed, flat screen TV/DVD combo, separate AC mini split, bathroom with large custom tile shower and frameless glass door, double sink vanity and granite top. The glass sliding door opens onto private deck with magnificent views of the Atlantic and White Sound.
Enjoy some peaceful unforgettable nights and amazing views at this charming paradisaical island.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1600 square feet, 149 square meters
King, Queen, and Twin
6 guests maximum
Marsh Harbor (10 miles)
20 minuteswater taxi ride
Views of White Sound and Atlantic Ocean
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Please note there is a mandatory charge of $300 that covers transfers from the airport and the ferry. There are no taxis on Elbow Cay, so this is the only way to get to and from the property. The caretaker of the property will be in contact after you make the reservation to discuss this transportation.
Activities of Interest
- Kayaking, snokling and scuba diving are great ways to discover Elbow Cay and its surroundings by quietly becoming a part of nature.
- Abaco is home to world-class sailing, and wonderful sailing conditions. Whether you have brought you own sailboat to the islands, or have chartered one locally, sailing through the cays is relaxing and beautiful.
- Great for fishing - from Bonefishing Guide to Deep Sea Fishing Charter, there are several fishermen in Hope Town who offer these services.
- Best places for surfing - the house is a two minutes walk to one of the several surf beaches. You can actually see surfers right from the Master bedroom deck
Places of Interest
- Walking distance to several island beaches including the world famous Tahiti Beach
- Sea of Abaco - calm, shallow stretch of water between Great Abaco Island and the Abaco's outlying island, best explored by boat.
- Hope Town Lighthouse - the lighthouse is one of Abaco’s most recognisable landmarks in Hope Town.
Catch a Wave Bahamas
Loved returning to the Abaco Islands after so many years. Enjoyed our daily visits to Tahiti Beach, Vernon's Key Lime Pie and fresh baked bread. Also the sunset cocktails at Abaco Inn sometimes followed by fresh fish dinner. One must rent a golf cart to get around. We rented ours from Island Rentals for $300 for the week. They delivered and picked up at the house. Can't thank caretaker, Steve, enough for all he did for us.”